The awards recognize creative approaches to promoting organization efforts. These awards, presented at the The Advocacy Conference each year, recognize outstanding initiatives that showcase creativity, inclusiveness, innovation and organizational relevance.
About the Awards
- Grassroots Innovation
Awarded to an organization that utilizes and leverages grassroots advocates and activities in new and innovative ways to build relationships with legislators, mobilize their base and advance advocacy strategy
- Communications Innovation
Awarded to an organization that uses innovative communications tactics for advocacy that help organizations get buy-in from key stakeholders, activate advocates or educate the public or legislators about their issues
- Lobbying Strategy Innovation
Awarded to an organization that finds new and creative ways to connect and work with internal and external stakeholder groups and get them engaged with advocacy efforts or policy priorities
A hand-picked committee of public affairs community leaders will select this year’s innovators. When reviewing applications, committee members will use the following criteria:
- Is the strategy adaptable to other organizations?
- Was the innovation a unique solution to a problem faced by the organization or a unique fit to the organization’s culture?
- Does the innovation demonstrate that it’s not just an innovation for the organization but the industry as a whole?
- Could this strategy help other programs overcome their own challenges?
- What impact did the innovation have and how was it measured?
All 2020 Innovation Awards nominations are due by 11:59 p.m. ET Friday, November 22nd, 2019.
Who Should Apply?
Innovation Awards nominations are open to:
- Advocacy groups
- Consultants on behalf of any of these types of organizations
In addition to being recognized as a national leader in advocacy and political strategy, award recipients receive:
- A complimentary registration to The Advocacy Conference
- The opportunity to present their creative solutions to fellow attendees during one of the conferences’ keynote sessions
2019 Innovation Awards Winners
Grassroots Innovation: International Franchise Association (IFA)
Communications Innovation: Business Roundtable
Lobbying Strategy Innovation:Americans for the Arts and the Arts Action Fund
2018 Innovation Awards Winners
Grassroots Innovation: American Bar Association
Communications Innovation: Toyota
Engagement Innovation (now Lobbying Strategy Innovation): The American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network
2017 Innovation Awards Winners
Grassroots Innovation: Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA)
Communications Innovation: Center for Audit Quality
Engagement Innovation (now Lobbying Strategy Innovation): Novo Nordisk